Monday, September 1, 2014

Bump update!

I know I promised more frequent "bump" photos but I guess I lied. It is SO HARD to remember to take a photo each week! (Major props to the mommas who post a weekly picture ALONG WITH a whole board full of information including drawn pictures!) Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks (at the bottom of the page). Only 11 more weeks to go so maybe all the 30+ week pictures will make the blog!

A few updates.....I feel like I've grown a lot the past few weeks. Little man is definitely trying to make himself known! I'm also wondering if he is going to be a soccer player when he grows up because he loves to kick me (usually around bedtime). I don't want to complain but sleeping is getting more difficult now too. On an average night I wake up at least 3 times to use the bathroom. I honestly think this is God's way of preparing new mommies for getting up numerous times a night. I guess I'm grateful for the "training".

School has started back since I last wrote on the blog and it is going well but it has been a big adjustment. I worked some over the summer but was able to rest frequently throughout the day, even on work days. School was a rude awakening. Being on my feet a majority of the day and going non-stop from 8-4:30 is challenging. Poor Rob has been very supportive with my emotional crying fits (anyone who has been pregnant understands that these emotional outbursts are out of our control and definitely make us feel like the crazy lady but they cannot be helped!) and he has been so sweet to cook dinner while I rest when I come home (even though he has worked and even longer day than I have!

My students at school have made some pretty funny comments about my growing tummy. I got quite a few stares last week and questions. One student asked me if I had had my baby yet. I responded with, "does it look like I had my baby?!" The student said no, they guessed not. Another student asked me why I had gotten so big (a 4th grade boy who should know better than to ask that question!) I responded with he should NEVER ask a woman why she had gotten big because most women would slap him across the face (I assured him I wasn't one of those women)! I then told him that he, being one of 8 children, had seen pregnant before and shouldn't have asked such a rude question. My favorite response though was telling my 1st graders that I had swallowed a watermelon seed. Their eyes got really wide and their mouth dropped open. I then had to tell them the truth, that I was indeed pregnant. They thought that was pretty funny. Next week I'm going to assign my students to name the baby which I will share the top ten names on the blog. Can't wait to hear what they come up with!

23 WEEKS

24 WEEKS
 (celebrating Allison Rudd and her sweet baby girl) 
L to R: Harmony (girl), Me (boy), Allison (girl) and Crystal (boy)

25 WEEKS
Celebrating Mimi's birthday at Capital Grille

25 WEEKS
Celebrating at Morgan's wedding (I can't find 26 WEEKS so we are posting two from 25 WEEKS!)

27 WEEKS
First day of school!

28 WEEKS
Only 12 more weeks to go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment